Are you flying with a dog in cargo?
Here is our buying guide for what you will need:
This is what we use as it has wheels on the bottom which are fantastic for pushing the kennel through the airport. This is helpful for when it’s impossible to carry the kennel yourself.
- IATA airline approved.
- Removable wheels that can lock in place.
- Tie down holes for zip ties.
- Easy to assemble and break down.
- High ventilation.
- Amazon’s choice.
- Collapses in minutes: This heavy-duty all-aluminum crate conveniently collapses in minutes to less than eight inches in height for easy transportation.
- Durable!: Extremely rust-resistant powder-coated .063 aluminum construction, crush-proof corners, marine-grade stainless steel latches, welded “no-rust” rivets, and 3/8″ bars with welded cross-bar for stability make this crate virtually indestructible!
- Convenient: This crate can be set up or taken down in seconds for easy transport. Handy drain holes allow for easy and quick cleaning. Handles for easy carrying.
- 4-Sided ventilation: Superior flow-through ventilation on all four sides keeps your dog comfortable and safe and the taller height allows more headroom for your pet. No harmful toxins, chemicals, or dyes in any of the materials.
- Safe and Secure: Convenient marine grade stainless steel “Slam Latch” means that there is no need to lock the door behind your dog. More great features: Airline rail storage slots, spring-loaded handles, full-length piano hinge, IATA (Air Transport) compliant. Proudly Made in the USA
*** Make sure to get a kennel that is the proper size for your dog. You dog must be able to stand, stretch, and turn around. If you’re unsure of the correct size, measure your dog and compare the sizes online. Kennel sizes run in 4 categories and are standardized based on size. You can find the size needed by using the Guidance for Dimensions of Container at IATA. ***
We highly recommend the Kurgo Loft Wander bed as we use it when traveling and flying.
- Rolls up easily for transportation.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Top has rip stop material and bottom is waterproof rufftex.
- Machine washable.
- If you’re using the SportPet Designs Plastic Kennel, this inexpensive bed can fit inside easily.
- Baffled polyfill cushioning.
- Machine washable.
We like the basic no-frills puppy pads (no need to spend a lot of money as they’re all the same).
- Absorbs water, pee, or anything wet substances.
- Easy to clean and fold up nicely.
- Bowls mount to the inside of the kennel with wing nuts. This ensures the bowls will stay attached.
- Stainless steel. Rust resistant.
- Dishwasher safe.
***Do not forget the cable ties! It’s important to also have the airline secure the kennel door with cable ties. This is a requirement and in our experience, the airport staff insist on having the cable ties done themselves.
- Reusable and highly recommended.
- Color coded
Live Animal Stickers and Tag
- Pet Airline Label Kit – Set of 5 Labels – 1 Kennel Name Tag – 1 Pouch.
- IATA compliant green 1″ labels – waterproof.
- Transparent Pet Passport Pouch for holding Pet Health/Travel Documents.
Regular Dog Gear
Don’t forget your regular dog gear when flying like leash, poop bags, food bowls, etc.
Still confused on how to fly with a dog? Need some help on understanding import/export paperwork for your dog?
We got you covered. We offer consulting for those needing assistance planning trips abroad with their pets. Contact us for more information.