The training camp for adventurous dogs and their humans!
If you dream of stress-free outdoor adventures with your dog, we’re here to show you the steps to get there!
Adventure Dog Camp is designed to cultivate a community of like-minded empowered dog owners by developing a meaningful relationship with their dog based on clear communication, structure, fun, and engagement. By the end of camp, you will walk away with the skills and confidence to handle the everyday challenges you face.
Thursday to Sunday
October 15-18, 2023
Smith Creek Village, Sublimity, Oregon
space is limited–book now!
What will you get out of Adventure Dog Camp?
The opportunity to invest in your relationship with your dog through clear communication and motivation
We’ll push you and your dog outside of your comfort zone in order to achieve meaningful changes
Make real connections with a community of badass dog owners who struggle with similar challenges and will cheer you on as you embark on this adventure
Does this sound like you?
- You know you need help training your dog and don’t know where to begin
- You’ve tried training yourself or have worked with another trainer with limited results
- You want a go anywhere, do anything dog
- You want to build a better relationship with your dog
- You enjoy outdoor activities, but doing them with your dog is a challenge
- You’re frustrated by off-leash and “friendly” dogs approaching your dog
We’ve been there, too.
Having confident, well-trained dogs who love to be outside as much as we do has enriched our lives beyond our wildest dreams. As longtime owners of reactive dogs, we understand how difficult it can be to enjoy the outdoors with them.
We want everyone to experience the joy of taking their dogs on adventures, so we created the ultimate adventure dog training camp!
Adventure Dog Camp goes beyond your basic sit, stay, place and we teach your dog real world skills that you need for calmness at home and at camp and fun on the trails.
We are so excited to share our knowledge and expertise with open-minded folks in a gorgeous setting. At Adventure Dog Camp, our hope is to foster a sense of community among other outdoor-loving dog owners like ourselves.
If Adventure Dog Camp sounds right up your alley, keep reading to learn more!
What to expect at Adventure Dog Camp
- Learn basic obedience skills
- Build impulse control in a variety of environments
- Gain skills to help manage your dog’s reactivity
- Practice safe socialization around other dogs and people
- Learn how to advocate for your dog
- Learn how to get your dog to engage with you in various distracting environments
- Connect with other rad folks
Let’s Talk Workshops
- Leash handling and loose leash walking
- Impulse control drills
- Engaged play and enrichment activities
- Understanding of basic obedience commands, such as “sit,” “down,” and “place” and corresponding marker words
- Identify your dog’s love language
- Patio dog practice
- Goal setting
Meet Your Adventure Dog Camp Hosts!
Jen Sotolongo is a graduate of the elite Silver and Gold NePoPo® dog training schools and a trainer with NWB Dogs in the Columbia River Gorge. She is also the founder of the popular adventure dog blog Long Haul Trekkers and the author of The Essential Guide to Hiking with Dogs.
She is a native of the Pacific Northwest, and lives in the Gorge with her red heeler mix, Sitka, where you can likely find them training for some absurdly long trail race.
When she’s not running, she enjoys camping, hiking, roadtripping, and whipping up some delicious plant-based meal.
Abbie Leland is a Certified Canine Trainer & Behavior Specialist and the owner of Red Dirt Dog Training, LLC, located in Corvallis, Oregon.
She enjoys hiking, van camping and exploring throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond with her partner and their four herding dogs.
When she’s not out adventuring, Abbie can be found at home cooking up a new recipe in the kitchen, clicker training with her cats, or enjoying a beer on the front porch swing.
Adventure Dog Camp Details
This 4-day, 4-night dog training camp will teach you and your dog the obedience skills you need to feel confident getting outdoors as a team through behavior modification, fun, and engagement work.
We use balanced training methods, which incorporate the use of tools like prong collars and e-collars.
Adventure Dog Camp is limited to 10 dogs, one dog per human. Couples welcome.
We are delighted to be hosting Adventure Dog Camp at the super dog-friendly Smith Creek Village, located inside the beautiful Silver Creek Falls State Park in Sublimity, Oregon. Portland is about 1.5 hours from Smith Creek Village
We will be staying all together in one of the “ranch houses,” summer camp style. What this means is that there are no separate rooms, but plenty of space to spread out among the 70+ bunk beds.
- Four (4) days and four (4) nights of expert dog training workshops
- Your bunk bed of choice
- All meals – 3 dinners, 3 breakfast, 2 lunches*
- Wag Bag full of goodies
- Indoor fireplace
- Trail access from the front door
- Dogs allowed on leash pretty much everywhere
- Freezer/fridge access
*we can and will accommodate any dietary preferences.
What’s not included
- Bedding – bring twin sheets or a sleeping bag + pillow
- Alcoholic beverages, aside from “brewery dog” practice night
- Transportation costs to and from accommodation
A few notes
- Check-in is at 4PM and check-out at 11AM
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Dogs must be on leash while on property and owners must pick up after their dogs
- There are no showers at the ranch house, but there are some guests can use at the main property
- There will be other dog guests at the lodge during our stay that are not part of Adventure Dog Camp
$997 for one person, one dog
Prices are per person. If you’re bringing an additional person, please add $500 supplemental fee at checkout.
Payment plans are available. Email Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org to set one up.
We require a non-refundable $500 deposit to hold your spot. Payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. We highly recommend purchasing 3rd party trip insurance in the event that illness, injury, or something else prevents you from attending Adventure Dog Camp.